No BS Borderlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO FORUM RULES!

Per a unanimous vote between moderators and administrators, there will be a new "Zero Tolerance Policy" on this forum for the following:
1)  Knowingly distributing/trading modded weapons and gear (CONSTRUCTS ARE CONSIDERED MODDED WEAPONS)
2)  Asking for or posting information regarding third-party software used to modify XBOX 360 save files
3)  Arguments with members regarding weapons in threads other than pre-designated weapons discussion threads, specifically a member's Trade Thread
POSTS AND THREADS PERTAINING TO THE GEARBOX FORUMS WILL EARN YOU A 3 DAY BAN, IT IS CLEARLY STATED IN THE FORUM RULES
More information regarding these new rules can be found in the forum rules thread
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 166 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:28 pm
The Finds of the Day
Found by Jess Un Ojo
Found by I alick I
Found by Jess Un Ojo
Latest topics
» Crack Windows 8 Pro V3
Weapon selection discussion EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 am by iphhela

» Dragon Naturallyspeaking 12 Italiano Download Gratis
Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:49 am by iphhela

» Klyb_Alysa_As3d_Wa7dh
Weapon selection discussion EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:39 pm by iphhela

» Official "Is my gun modded/Constructed?" Thread
Weapon selection discussion EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:15 am by ChrisPBaken

» Legit Players.
Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 pm by ChrisPBaken

» THIS PLACE IS NOT DEAD YET!
Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 pm by ChrisPBaken

» ChrisPBaken's Gun Collection
Weapon selection discussion EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by ChrisPBaken

» anybody out there?
Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:57 pm by KazeMunashii

» !DEEP FATHOM MARKET!
Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:50 pm by KazeMunashii

Top posters
Jess Un Ojo
Weapon selection discussion I_vote_lcapWeapon selection discussion I_voting_barWeapon selection discussion I_vote_rcap 
I alick I
Weapon selection discussion I_vote_lcapWeapon selection discussion I_voting_barWeapon selection discussion I_vote_rcap 
EvilTACO941
R3N3GAD3
chevro1et
LEX HARDCORE
Dacheat
TheTerminator
lefort40
Cass277
Statistics
We have 96 registered users
The newest registered user is neumlean

Our users have posted a total of 5652 messages in 138 subjects

Weapon selection discussion

Go down 
+2
I alick I
Gun Jack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gun Jack

Gun Jack

Weapon selection discussion Empty
PostSubject: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Since making the favorite weapon thread I've noticed alot of people use a slightly wide variety of guns. There will always be certain pistols/snipers that are typically thought of by all hunters as being extremely effective. Examples just for shits and giggles...Pesilent Defiler, Anaconda or Unforgiven Mashers, and Penetrators. This thread is for those generally accepted weapons PLUS those that makes us unique depending on our personal preference or situations.

I'll start off this by asking why the Nemesis seems to be gaining interest in the Hunters arsenal for some of us. In my 420+ hrs. played with my hunter I still find that a Defiler procs are much more damaging and an Aries procs plus health benefits out wiegh the use of the Nemesis to me. Tell me your reason for using it or not using it. Or for those that have not tried a Nemesis and have wanted to try one you may be swayed one way or the other by the discussion.

Last edited by Gun Jack on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
I alick I

I alick I

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:40 pm

I've started using this nemesis on my siren (of all characters), works rather well against lance troppers and maggots:
Weapon selection discussion 00-04-0005
I have yet to try it on the hunter.

But this is about hunters. I must agree with you Jack; in my limited time playing with the hunter I've always gone for the Aries (obvious reasons) and the Anaconda masher 6shot and the penetrators (also occasionally the cobra or orion).

I played around with repeaters and ended up really liking those Rebels and Thanatos but they kinda lack the pure power of the revolvers.
Back to top Go down
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 pm

I use the nemesis because I have the invader crap on it so it shoots all bullets in burst when scoped its fucking amazing lol
Back to top Go down
nolahornets394

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:51 pm

the nemesis is very strong and versatile, since it procs two elements very frequently. you rarely need to change your weapon. i once joined a random moxxi game around round 15. i went rounds 15-20 using the nemesis and i completely forgot i had 3 other weapons equipped. i also ended up with the most kills in the group of 4, even though everyone else was using those shredder shredder serpens. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gun Jack

Gun Jack

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Nola, I understand its versatility and even though it procs well its not going to be the equal to either a defiler or aries...whether we are referencing its proc or dmg. output.

Offtopic: Nola, it is fun going into random games once in awhile and showing a bunch of nubs how to really play this game Twisted Evil

So far I'm seeing no reason to use a Nemesis other than a change of pace.
Back to top Go down
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:03 pm

I also use it over those due to it only taking one slot so I can have 3 other guns instead of only 2 other ones
Back to top Go down
LEX HARDCORE

LEX HARDCORE

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 5:36 am

as a rarely repeater user (only static thanatos x2 and invader sometimes), does the Nemesis proc 2 elements?? news for me.
Back to top Go down
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:00 am

ya it procs shock and corrosive
Back to top Go down
Gun Jack

Gun Jack

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:01 am

EvilTACO941 wrote:
I also use it over those due to it only taking one slot so I can have 3 other guns instead of only 2 other ones

It only takes 1-2 seconds to switch out your weapon slot. If taking dmg. while your trying to switch is your concern using an Aries to begin with negates that with its health regen.

Lex- yes it will proc both lightning and corrosive at separate times...each bullet will proc an element. BUT it will not proc every bullet like a defiler or aries.
Back to top Go down
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:06 am

I never need a aries I'm just that amazing lol
Back to top Go down
Gun Jack

Gun Jack

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:17 am

(: Alright Taco. So what do you run in your weapon slots as a hunter?

EDIT: Did you know that if a teammate has no shield and is taking damage to his/her health you can shot them with an aries and it will regen their health?
Back to top Go down
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:20 am

Yes I know that but I never play with anyone because no one ever wants to and I use a violater a Firehawk nemesis and don't remember lol
Back to top Go down
Gun Jack

Gun Jack

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:22 am

Repeater build. Cool. So you max gunslinger tree and use rogue or sniper tree? So as a hunter your more of a mid-close range player. Hell if you normally play single player you CAN do long range to an extent with repeaters because mobs are weak enough.
Back to top Go down
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:25 am

lol Ya normally use most in gunslinger then go into sniper for the shield thing but ya I don't normally play him anyways but I like repeaters but anyways If I had a good aries and defiler I would probably use those xD
Back to top Go down
nolahornets394

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:32 am

i go "anaconda masher 6 shot, nemesis, defiler/caustic thanatos, fire anaconda/firehawk."
thats because i got bored of my same old "Ananconda masher, Aries, Defiler, Firehawk" setup. in the end it all comes down to preference. both setups are effective for me, but the health regen is very nice on the aries, one of my favorite guns too.
Back to top Go down
Gun Jack

Gun Jack

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:58 am

What are some of the Non-Legendary Repeaters you all find that work well? I'd be interested in some that have positive recoil to them.
Back to top Go down
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:11 am

well the hyperion torments can have good recoil reduction and they shoot fast enough and with good damage to be very nice
Back to top Go down
Cass277

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:31 pm

The Nemesis, IMO, is the most powerful gun in a gunslinger's hands because no standard enemy (bandits, lance, craw maggots/armored worms) will live up to it for literally 0.5 to 1 seconds. A Defiler on the other hand, you need to score a crit to one-shot kill and you have a huge fire rate loss, where the Nemsis you can just spray everywhere. Also, the Nemesis bullet splits into 3 corrosive projectiles when fired so you are actually hitting with four bullets.

I've never really liked revolvers (exception: mashers (mini-shotguns!)) so I guess it's just preference, but I'm quite sure that it outdamages the Defiler.

My favourite non-legendary repeaters right now are the Atlas TK Needlers, they outperform many legendary ones and look damnright sexy.

Weapon selection discussion A9d8e106

x2, it's a double.

Weapon selection discussion TK5%20Static%20Needler.png1274403418

I have a x3 vitriolic TK Needler with 160dmg, 6.6 fire rate and 89(I think) accuracy and it owns armored worms so fast.. on my Siren, haven't even tried it on my hunter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon selection discussion   Weapon selection discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Weapon selection discussion
Page 1 of 1