No BS Borderlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO FORUM RULES!

Per a unanimous vote between moderators and administrators, there will be a new "Zero Tolerance Policy" on this forum for the following:
1)  Knowingly distributing/trading modded weapons and gear (CONSTRUCTS ARE CONSIDERED MODDED WEAPONS)
2)  Asking for or posting information regarding third-party software used to modify XBOX 360 save files
3)  Arguments with members regarding weapons in threads other than pre-designated weapons discussion threads, specifically a member's Trade Thread
POSTS AND THREADS PERTAINING TO THE GEARBOX FORUMS WILL EARN YOU A 3 DAY BAN, IT IS CLEARLY STATED IN THE FORUM RULES
More information regarding these new rules can be found in the forum rules thread
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 166 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:28 pm
The Finds of the Day
Found by Jess Un Ojo
Found by I alick I
Found by Jess Un Ojo
Latest topics
» Crack Windows 8 Pro V3
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 am by iphhela

» Dragon Naturallyspeaking 12 Italiano Download Gratis
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:49 am by iphhela

» Klyb_Alysa_As3d_Wa7dh
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:39 pm by iphhela

» Official "Is my gun modded/Constructed?" Thread
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:15 am by ChrisPBaken

» Legit Players.
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 pm by ChrisPBaken

» THIS PLACE IS NOT DEAD YET!
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 pm by ChrisPBaken

» ChrisPBaken's Gun Collection
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by ChrisPBaken

» anybody out there?
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:57 pm by KazeMunashii

» !DEEP FATHOM MARKET!
Scopes Shotguns and you EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:50 pm by KazeMunashii

Top posters
Jess Un Ojo
Scopes Shotguns and you I_vote_lcapScopes Shotguns and you I_voting_barScopes Shotguns and you I_vote_rcap 
I alick I
Scopes Shotguns and you I_vote_lcapScopes Shotguns and you I_voting_barScopes Shotguns and you I_vote_rcap 
EvilTACO941
R3N3GAD3
chevro1et
LEX HARDCORE
Dacheat
TheTerminator
lefort40
Cass277
Statistics
We have 96 registered users
The newest registered user is neumlean

Our users have posted a total of 5652 messages in 138 subjects

Scopes Shotguns and you

Go down 
+7
Dacheat
Jess Un Ojo
Skinwalker619
EvilTACO941
R3N3GAD3
Cass277
Coord
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coord

Scopes Shotguns and you Empty
PostSubject: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:21 am

Do people care about scopes on their shotguns, im finding very similar shotguns, often with minor differences but 1 has a scope, for example:

SG1200 Hunters Striker
Damage: 201x7
Accuracy: 72.9
Fire Rate: 0.5
Clip size: 12
Zoom 3.6x

ZPR31 Hunters Striker
Damage: 212x7
Accuracy: 72.9
Fire rate: 0.7
Clip Size: 6
Zoom: N/A
+150% melee damage

As you can see, they are extremely similar and at the same time very very different, should i view this as 2 seperate shotguns or should i take 1 value over the other, IE Scope > Melee damage, Clip size > fire rate, etc etc.

How do you guys decide what is a keeper and what gets chucked?
Back to top Go down
Cass277

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:28 am

People generally dislike scopes on their shotguns (I know I do). Soldiers however might like scopes because on high acc shotguns like the maliwan crux, scattershot can actually turn it into a long distance gun
Back to top Go down
R3N3GAD3
Admin
R3N3GAD3

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:36 am

the way i play, and you can ask others here on the forum-im in your fuckin face at all times, so i prefer no scopes-before i made my new character, i actually pulled all my shotguns that i used into willowtree and ripped the scopes off of them

thats just me though

and actually as far as iron sights go, the 1.5x iron sights are badass

i AM the shotgun king
Back to top Go down
https://nobsborderlands.forumotion.com
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Renegade is fucking amazing with shotguns and he doesn't care for scopes I actually like scopes sense I rock a soldier and I snipe with them 9/5 scattershot ftw lol
Back to top Go down
R3N3GAD3
Admin
R3N3GAD3

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:45 pm

yeah see scattershot definitely comes into play when you rock a soldier, and shottys with 70 acc and up would most likely turn into a skullmasher in shotgun form

like my scoped 72.2 acc 2 shot 350x7 hunters shotty

yeah thatd be disgusting
Back to top Go down
Skinwalker619

Skinwalker619

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:49 pm

EvilTACO941 wrote:
Renegade is fucking amazing with shotguns and he doesn't care for scopes I actually like scopes sense I rock a soldier and I snipe with them 9/5 scattershot ftw lol

^ this. I use my 80 ACC/1.9 FR Crimson Death as a sniper and my 72 ACC/2.4 FR Crimson Brute is my version of a burst fire CR.
Back to top Go down
R3N3GAD3
Admin
R3N3GAD3

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 12:53 pm

badass.

yeah i luckily picked up a non scoped version of that hunters found by cass and those guys, and even though its a 2 shot its got a 60% reload plus, so its definitely a very usable 2 shot-for me a definite in your damn face weapon

its funny-when you pick up a crimson lance power core, it one shots badass engineers
Back to top Go down
Skinwalker619

Skinwalker619

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Nice. I found a 350ishx7 (at work can't check exact damage) 2 shot Hunter's Defender last week and it's now my favorite gun at short range...that and my 266x7 Painful Brute with the 2.7 FR.
Back to top Go down
R3N3GAD3
Admin
R3N3GAD3

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:07 pm

yeah i have 2 very similar to that-the one i listed, and the other has slightly more damage and a bigger reload plus

and its scoped
Back to top Go down
Skinwalker619

Skinwalker619

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Nice. Scoped or not that much damage is just money. I found my first Detonating Hammer on my last run last night, still haven't used it but it looks like a good time...damn I want to go shoot something.
Back to top Go down
Jess Un Ojo

Jess Un Ojo

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:23 pm

R3N3GAD3 wrote:
badass.

yeah i luckily picked up a non scoped version of that hunters found by cass and those guys, and even though its a 2 shot its got a 60% reload plus, so its definitely a very usable 2 shot-for me a definite in your damn face weapon

its funny-when you pick up a crimson lance power core, it one shots badass engineers

That thing is a beast. Also hell yeah for power cores. When i host people are always like why havent you turned that shit in and then i pick up a speed core and juice off at light speed. on topic now. I use to not care either way till i got this

Scopes Shotguns and you 146b73ca

Now im all about the scopeless.
Back to top Go down
https://nobsborderlands.forumotion.com/360-f3/jess-un-ojo-and-cas
R3N3GAD3
Admin
R3N3GAD3

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:25 pm

i have a really good 266x7 blast hammer-everyone seems to be finding the exact one as of late

but yeah its beast, especially since mine was blessed with no scope---as was my fatal crux

zombie island is HILARIOUS with a blast hammer or a fatal crux

and at jess-i found that exact one, the only down side is the recoil is HORRIBLE-but you know how i place

in your face at all times
Back to top Go down
Skinwalker619

Skinwalker619

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:53 pm

R3N3GAD3 wrote:
i have a really good 266x7 blast hammer-everyone seems to be finding the exact one as of late

but yeah its beast, especially since mine was blessed with no scope---as was my fatal crux

zombie island is HILARIOUS with a blast hammer or a fatal crux

and at jess-i found that exact one, the only down side is the recoil is HORRIBLE-but you know how i place

in your face at all times

I have that blast hammer too...random weapons my ass
Back to top Go down
Cass277

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Jess and myself found that hammer aswell when on an armory run.. totally weird.
Back to top Go down
Dacheat

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:01 pm

I have this shottie... It has 82.3 accuracy. I like scopes on those.
Back to top Go down
R3N3GAD3
Admin
R3N3GAD3

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:21 pm

accuracy doesnt matter on a weapon that shoots a pattern-ive got a blast hammer that has 6 acc lol but no scope and its a near clone of the 266 one, but it shoots a pattern so acc is pointless
Back to top Go down
Skinwalker619

Skinwalker619

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Same with the Angry/Fatal Crux, but rapid fire + explosive = awesome
Back to top Go down
R3N3GAD3
Admin
R3N3GAD3

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:34 pm

agreed.
Back to top Go down
A Can Of Win

A Can Of Win

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:16 pm

I'd go with the Scoped, it's a Striker. The Strikers are made for ACC so a scope would be helpful. Most other shotguns, no scope kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
CcEditionXr

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm not really an expert with shottys, but I do like my TV screen scope on my Butcher as it has high accuracy being a Hyperion, and I could see using a scope for a Striker, but no scope would be good for most of the time.
Back to top Go down
I alick I

I alick I

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:04 am

I still prefer shotties with scopes on my soldier, the only ones I use without scopes are bulldogs.

My allrounder, with maxxed scattershot this is as accurate as a good assault rifle, kills the Lance in no time:

Scopes Shotguns and you IMG_9722

This is my preferred bulldog with fast fire rate and the badass ironsights;:

Scopes Shotguns and you IMG_9706
Back to top Go down
Skinwalker619

Skinwalker619

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm

I have a similar brute and Bulldog and use them pretty much the same way. One of my new favorites is my Hunters Defender 367x7 with 72 Acc, no scope. A two shot (3 with Overload) but a beast at medium to short range. I'm also enjoying my new Terrible Matador with 230x12, 30 Acc, 1.3 RoF and 13 round mag. Never a Matador fan before but this shotty is tits for Run n Gun action.

Edit: it's a Pearl Matador
Back to top Go down
Joylesstuna

Joylesstuna

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:21 am

A shotgun should never have a scope. I understand these high accuracy shotguns but a scope still looks retarded on them.
Back to top Go down
EvilTACO941

EvilTACO941

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:46 pm

most scopes dude I think the 4.5x zoom looks pretty good to me
Back to top Go down
Joylesstuna

Joylesstuna

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Is that the round one. If so then yes it does look badass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scopes Shotguns and you   Scopes Shotguns and you Empty

Back to top Go down

Scopes Shotguns and you
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next