No BS Borderlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO FORUM RULES!

Per a unanimous vote between moderators and administrators, there will be a new "Zero Tolerance Policy" on this forum for the following:
1)  Knowingly distributing/trading modded weapons and gear (CONSTRUCTS ARE CONSIDERED MODDED WEAPONS)
2)  Asking for or posting information regarding third-party software used to modify XBOX 360 save files
3)  Arguments with members regarding weapons in threads other than pre-designated weapons discussion threads, specifically a member's Trade Thread
POSTS AND THREADS PERTAINING TO THE GEARBOX FORUMS WILL EARN YOU A 3 DAY BAN, IT IS CLEARLY STATED IN THE FORUM RULES
More information regarding these new rules can be found in the forum rules thread
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 166 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:28 pm
The Finds of the Day
Found by Jess Un Ojo
Found by I alick I
Found by Jess Un Ojo
Latest topics
» Crack Windows 8 Pro V3
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 am by iphhela

» Dragon Naturallyspeaking 12 Italiano Download Gratis
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:49 am by iphhela

» Klyb_Alysa_As3d_Wa7dh
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:39 pm by iphhela

» Official "Is my gun modded/Constructed?" Thread
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:15 am by ChrisPBaken

» Legit Players.
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 pm by ChrisPBaken

» THIS PLACE IS NOT DEAD YET!
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 pm by ChrisPBaken

» ChrisPBaken's Gun Collection
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am by ChrisPBaken

» anybody out there?
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:57 pm by KazeMunashii

» !DEEP FATHOM MARKET!
20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:50 pm by KazeMunashii

Top posters
Jess Un Ojo
20 Round solo Moxxi? I_vote_lcap20 Round solo Moxxi? I_voting_bar20 Round solo Moxxi? I_vote_rcap 
I alick I
20 Round solo Moxxi? I_vote_lcap20 Round solo Moxxi? I_voting_bar20 Round solo Moxxi? I_vote_rcap 
EvilTACO941
R3N3GAD3
chevro1et
LEX HARDCORE
Dacheat
TheTerminator
lefort40
Cass277
Statistics
We have 96 registered users
The newest registered user is neumlean

Our users have posted a total of 5652 messages in 138 subjects

20 Round solo Moxxi?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nolahornets394

20 Round solo Moxxi? Empty
PostSubject: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:29 am

So have any of my fellow gunslingers been able to finish a 20 round Moxxi tourny SOLO?
I know one can just sit on a roof and snipe the enemies with the bessie for 20 rounds, but i want to know if anyone has done it in a non-cheap, completely legit (no rose omega/shredder shredder) way.
If so, how many times did you die? What was your gear/build/strategy?
If not, what would you use?

I recently tried to do a 20 round Hellburbia without dying, but was killed in round 11 because i was being careless while running around "naked" Razz. instead of starting at the start of round ten again, i just said screw it, and turned off the xbox, it being 2 in the morning and all. It is tough to concentrate for 100 waves of fighting.

Well anyway here is my setup for soloing Moxxi:

The Gear
20 Round solo Moxxi? Sspx031220 Round solo Moxxi? Sspx031320 Round solo Moxxi? 00-04-1020 Round solo Moxxi? Sspx0314
20 Round solo Moxxi? 08-02-10
20 Round solo Moxxi? Sspx0568

And a Lv61 Incendiary Rain grenade mod

Yes the Nemesis and Class Mod pics are from Alick's shop

The Build

20 Round solo Moxxi? My_bui10

My basic strategy is to use bloodwing for healing, the pearl masher for sniping/quickscoping, the thanatos for spamming/chainkilling with relentless (my horde wave weapon of choice), nemesis for lance/bosses (or anything really), and the firehawk for most skags and bandits.
I always start each non-boss wave at the top of the crates to the left of the boss spawn (curtain). They are in the area with the blue buildings.

I tend to play a little too aggressive and i run and gun, which is probably why i end up dying in the later rounds. i usually run around killing anything that moves, trying to keep those killer and relentless buffs up. I have come to realize, however, that in the later rounds a full shield is sometimes more important than keeping relentless and killer going. Instead of running out guns ablazin', i should let my shield recharge and give myself a better chance to survive. Next time i try a 20 rounder, i'll probably play in little more cautiously and more patiently.

Oh yeah, and I hate Desperados.Mad

Last edited by nolahornets394 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheTerminator

PostSubject: Re: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:49 am

I am gonna try this sometime today. I have the same set as you but I think if you can squeeze riotous remedy and trespass in the skills it might work better for the underdome.

For me I am gonna this set up: Anaconda or Unforgiven masher, Aries, Defiler and 2.1 incendiary anaconda and Health regeneration shield.

Im also gonna try this set up: Troll-(health regen FTW!) or a Red Rage, 5.5 firehawk, nemesis and tk5 u hornet.

Good luck on your next try man!!
Back to top Go down
nolahornets394

PostSubject: Re: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:12 am

Yeah i probably would have incorporated trespass into my build if i were doing Angelic Ruins or The Gully. But in Hellburbia, there are no Guardians, and the rest of the enemies have shields that go down "quick like a bunny!" xD
For Angelic Ruins/Gully i would probably use this build.
And i would replace the Pearl Masher with a Skullmasher to utilize Carrion Call. The pearl masher was mostly unused anyway.
20 Round solo Moxxi? Allaro10

Back to top Go down
TheTerminator

PostSubject: Re: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:23 am

Yea I might also try a 2.3 masher. Also have you ever tried a penetrator for the underdome?? Because im tempted to try this set up:

903 dmg penetrator
1.1 volcano
2.1 defiler
aries
Back to top Go down
nolahornets394

PostSubject: Re: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:35 am

TheTerminator wrote:
Yea I might also try a 2.3 masher. Also have you ever tried a penetrator for the underdome?? Because im tempted to try this set up:

903 dmg penetrator
1.1 volcano
2.1 defiler
aries
I have done some 5 rounders with the penetrator and it works really well if you get crits. Haven't tried it in the later rounds though, but it should work great throughout. Also i see you are going for survivability rather than killing speed with the aries vs using a nemesis. Though i would probably replace the defiler with a nemesis, since the defiler is really only effective against lance (compared to your other guns), and the nemesis is much more versatile. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
TheTerminator

PostSubject: Re: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:39 am

Yea good point on the nemesis. Also..........do you know the glitch with the vengence? If you start a game with it equipped all of the other guns you have equipped go threw shields. So you could just use a vengence instead of trespass.
Back to top Go down
nolahornets394

PostSubject: Re: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:06 am

TheTerminator wrote:
Yea good point on the nemesis. Also..........do you know the glitch with the vengence? If you start a game with it equipped all of the other guns you have equipped go threw shields. So you could just use a vengence instead of trespass.
yeah i may try that
Back to top Go down
nolahornets394

PostSubject: Re: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:58 am

God dammit. I just cruised through 11 rounds without a scratch using the same setup as before, running and gunning and throwing caution to the wind like normal. Everything was going perfectly and.....

...my xbox froze

.....while i was shooting at a Desperado. The frozen image of his barely alive face in my scope is just taunting me, letting me know that he is still alive and i am done. i hate desperados

20 Round solo Moxxi? Sspx0810

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 Round solo Moxxi?   20 Round solo Moxxi? Empty

Back to top Go down

20 Round solo Moxxi?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
No BS Borderlands :: Class Discussion :: Mordecai the hunter-
Jump to: